Monday, December 23, 2013

My Christmas Wish

Society says, "Be yourself..... oh, just not that way"
(quote my son shared from a friend of his) This is so sad but true. We encourage our individuality, yet condemn it when it happens. Then society puts labels on people, separating society even farther. Then it becomes Us vs Them. 
What we should all be shouting about and arguing for is the understanding that what really hurts are the labels and condemnation towards ALL of us. Hate goes both ways, so does love. 
I say: Be yourself, cuz that is who I love and appreciate.

I posted the above statement on my Facebook page and felt it blogger worthy. 

Labels prevent greatness to shine forth. It is tragic to live in a day and age where people are defined by labels. It is as if we are doing a Google search on who we want in our friend base. Truth be known: No one person is the same. Not even a clone, they are different in that they are not the original. We need to embrace each other, realizing that we all come from different background and have different life experiences. These are the things that make us so wonderful as individuals. Our eyes are shades of green, brown, blue, and grey; we all see things in a unique light. We gaze out and each one of us will notice something different. Our hearts all sing their own songs and I believe that they should be heard, not quieted. 

Peace comes from within. Not from where we live, work or play. It comes from what is residing in our hearts. Anger and Hate do not generate peace. They generate strife. There are so many issues in today's society, focusing on labels and dividing into the "Us vs Them" categories, does not assist in resolving these issues. 

I am actually OK with not agreeing with others. Just because I don't agree with someone's statement, belief or life style choices, does not give me the right to condemn them and spew hateful labels towards them. If I am to be true to myself, and to my own beliefs, I must give them the same allowance. Just as they haven't walked in my shoes, I haven't walked in theirs, so I cannot claim to be an expert on what is best for them. I can love them for who they are and appreciate their own individual greatness and hopefully glean something from them in a positive way. 

My Christmas Wish: To be a light in the darkness, to help other's shine, and to influence just one person to accept others for who they are and not what society labeled them as. 

Blessings to you all this Christmas Season! 

1 comment: